Zamboni Machine Catches On Fire At Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex

October 17, 2020

An ice-resurfacing machine burst into flames while it was cleaning one of the hockey rinks at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex over by MCC in Brighton.

The incident was caught on video and went viral almost immediately.

The video shows the fire starting underneath the machine and quickly spreading to the back as the driver makes his rounds.

According to reports, A hose carrying hydraulic fluid broke, and the leaking fluid burst into flame by a hot exhaust pipe underneath the driver’s seat. The driver put the fire out himself once he brought it to a maintenance area and nobody was injured.

The facility’s general manager, Chris Woodworth gave a statement, saying:

“Not all heroes wear capes, and in this instance, the hero just happened to be driving an ice resurfacer,” Woodworth said. “None of us need further reminders of how bad 2020 has been, however, we received one more last night inside an ice rink.”

Watch the video here.

Source:
Democrat & Chronicle