Happy Thanksgiving! To kick off the morning, you can head over to Webster to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Turkey Trot. The run will begin this morning at Webster Park at 10 am. The Turkey Trot is the 2nd largest running event in Rochester, with the Corporate Challenge leading the trot. According to the organizers, they expect about 3,200 people to take part in this year’s run.
- The roads to the park will be closed starting at 8:30 am. These roads include:
- Lake Rd & Pellet Rd – no access eastbound on Lake
- Lake Rd & Whiting – no access eastbound on Lake
- Whiting at Shoemaker – no access northbound on Whiting
- Holt at Shoemaker – no access northbound on Holt
- Lake at 250 – no access westbound on Lake
Everyone who participates in the run will receive a finisher’s medal. There are two different kinds of runs, a 4.4-mile course and a 2.5-mile course. All proceeds from this run will go to Hope House, Jim May Scholarship Fund, and Section V Cross Country Camps.
Source: 13 WHAM