USPS Seasonal Positions- Casual Mail Handler
Seasonal/ Temporary/ Non-Exempt
Title: CASUAL (CEP) Grade: E6 - 07 FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt Occupation Code: 5201-0008 Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES Hours: VARIES This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 56 days during the period 11/09/2019 – 01/03/2020. Subsequent appointments after a 6 day break in service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the use of Casuals is discretionary and subject to business needs. SALARY RANGE: $16.00 per hour paid bi-weekly FINANCE NUMBER: 357101 BENEFIT INFORMATION: No benefits and no guaranteed work. Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Posted 6 months ago
Performs mail handling, mail processing, or a combination of such duties on a supplemental basis during a Casual Exception
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Separates all class of mail.
2. Culls, faces, and cancels mail.
3. Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail. Empties mail from mail containers (bags, hampers, etc.) and loads mail into mail
containers. Performs other duties incidental to the moving and processing of mail and related mail handling equipment.
4. In addition, may perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
5. Exercises normal protective care for equipment and materials used.
6. Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others.
7. Operates equipment assigned to the jurisdiction of the Mail Handler