The Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred - Relevant Associate’s Degree and/or Technical / Vocational training completed - ISA Certification - Must receive Boiler Certificate within 1 year which Lonza will pay for at no cost to the employee - Requires knowledge of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, repair and operation of a chemical manufacturing facility. Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 8 months ago
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. The facility has been in cGMP manufacture since 2000. Operations are 24 x7 with a headcount of approximately 170 employees. The site was acquired from Arch Chemicals in 2011 and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. We are looking to add an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to our site. Lonza also offers a highly competitive salary, full benefits including: medical, dental, vision, a 401k retirement savings plan and a signing bonus! For more information, please visit www.lonza.com/careers
The Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul equipment and controls.
- Maintains repairs and calibrates instrumentation systems.
- May install, repair and maintain all types of plant equipment, piping and utility systems associated with the operation of a Chemical Manufacturing facility.
- Supports and participates in the EHS activities including the departmental and site goals which include attaining our philosophy of “The Goal is Zero
- Knowledgeable of NFPA 70E and LOTO, which will be performed as needed.
- Plans details of working procedures for replacement needs or new material required including charging out of parts or working with external vendors and/or site engineering team
- Reviews wiring diagram and piping layout, instrumentation drawings, interprets electrical schematics, I/O Wiring and Panel Drawings and specifications regarding repair, installation, inspection and/or calibration work
- Applies knowledge of electronic and instrumentation principles to install, calibrate and validate equipment, troubleshoot issues and support continuous improvement projects.
- Major areas of responsibility include power distribution, process controls, control systems, motor control and related devices, lighting, instrument, control systems such as PLCs and DCS as well as HMIs maintenance and proper associated documentation.
- Performs calibrations for preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on instrumentation, piping and electrical or process equipment which may include communication cables, power distributions, PLCs, and field devices
- Investigations on failed calibrations or maintenance events in accordance with safety, maintenance, reliability, quality and calibration programs.
- Readily works with mechanical maintenance and fabricates parts as required, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.