2020 Census Jobs
Contact for more information.
Posted 7 months ago
City of Rochester Wants Local People for Good-Paying 2020 Census Jobs
Mayor Lovely A. Warren and Monroe County Clerk Adam Bello, joined Jeff Behler Regional Director of the New York Region Census Center Tuesday to call for Rochester-area residents to apply for temporary field positions for the 2020 Census. Mayor Warren and County Clerk Bello are members of the New York State Complete Count Commission.
Available Census jobs are:
- Recruiting assistants ($18.50 per hour)– travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
- Office operations supervisors ($17.50 per hour)– assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks ($13.50 per hour)– perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisors ($18.50 per hour)– conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers, and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
- Census takers ($17.00 per hour)– work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home such as in the evening and on weekends.
The OCWB will hold “Workforce Wednesdays” to assist applicants
Time: Beginning April 4, from 12:30- 4:30 p.m.
Location: The Business and Community Services Center, 56 N Fitzhugh St. Rochester, NY 14614
The OCWB will open its classroom space to provide service to several applicants at a time.
Location: 30 N Fitzhugh St. Rochester, NY 14614
Dates & Times:
>Tuesday, June 18, 2019; 3 p.m.- 7 p.m
For more information or to apply online, visit: census.gov/jobs
Or call 1-855-JOB-2020