(Sunday, Aug 2, 2020) – Mayor Lovely A. Warren today announced that the City of Rochester is collaborating with 20 restaurants to deliver meals to area seniors, age 60 and over, who live within the city Limits and are unable to travel to access food due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
“The Coronavirus pandemic is a healthcare crisis that created an economic crisis and we are ready to do all we can to confront those challenges,” said Mayor Warren. “These grants will help small, local restaurants maintain a presence in our neighborhoods while also supporting residents who are vulnerable to the dangers of social isolation. Programs like this help us create more jobs, safer and more vibrant neighborhoods and better educational opportunities.”
The City Department of Neighborhood and Business Development has awarded each restaurant with a Restaurant Grants of up to $15,000 to prepare free meals for delivery to area seniors for up to three months. The City is contracting with Goodwill of the Finger Lakes 211/LIFE LINE Mission program to facilitate the enrollment and delivery process.
Starting Monday, Aug. 3, seniors residing in the city seeking to receive meals can call 211 (or text 898-211) 24 hours a day, seven days a week to enroll in the program and order a meal.
Seven days advance notice is required on meal orders and the first orders will be ready for delivery August 10. Senior can order up to three meals a week and place one month’s worth of orders per call.
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided funding for the restaurants, which were selected through a competitive proposal process.
The restaurants are:
* Ludwig’s Center Stage Café, 25 Gibbs St.;
* Munchie’s ROC City Empanadas, 154 N. Clinton Ave.;
* Allegiant Restaurant, 801 S. Plymouth Ave.;
* The Acorn Exchange, 75 S. Clinton Ave.;
* India House Restaurant, 998 S. Clinton Ave.;
* Lorraine’s Food Factory, 777 Culver Rd.;
* Neno’s Gourmet Mexican Street Food, 642 Monroe Ave.;
* Marty’s On Park, 703 Park Ave.;
* Caribbean Heritage Restaurant, 719 S. Plymouth Ave.;
* D&L Tropical Sensations, 1005 Genesee St.;
* ‘Unkl Moe’s BBQ and Catering, 493 West Ave.;
* Arnett Café, 332 Arnett Blvd.;
* Borinquen Bakery and Restaurant, 1195 N. Clinton Ave.;
* El Pilon Criollo, 973 N. Clinton Ave.;
* Tricia’s Kitchen, 1014 Hudson Ave.;
* Nin’s Restaurant, 1049 Hudson Ave.;
* Taste of Bahamas, 4705 Lake Ave.;
* Kandis Food and Drink, 701 Lake Ave.;
* El Sazón Restaurant, 144 Lyell Ave.;
* El Divino Restaurant, 1149 Lyell Ave.