Community

Page: 220

• Uncategorized

September 5, 2019

Written by DJ Sight Well for the first time ever, Rochester City School District students in grades 9-12 received Chromebook laptops. Some students will even receive free internet service if eligible. This is an effort involving the One Million Project Foundation and a great start for the new school year. Students in the Rochester City […]

• Uncategorized

November 15, 2019

Written by Jasmine After the results from the primary election were so overwhelmingly in favor of the proposed Police Accountability Board, the Rochester City Council has opened the window for applicants who wish to serve in this new position. Applications will be accepted from now until Wednesday, November 27, 2019. Although the police union is […]

Written by Jasmine On Wednesday, September 4th the WDKX Jam Squad made their way over to Taste Of The Bahamas restaurant located at 4705 Lake avenue, right by Charlotte Beach. The owners and staff had it in their hearts to host an impromptu benefit at their restaurant to raise money for those affected by the […]

Written by Jasmine Are you a resident of the city of Rochester over the age of 18 who has been recently incarcerated? Are you looking to reenter the work force or continue your education? If you answered yes to these questions then the Urban League of Rochester has a FREE program just for you! Today […]

As we approach the first full week of the New Year 2020. Some disturbing footage popped up YouTube from a new year’s event. Not really sure what happened that lead up to this footage But it shows a shoot out in a Rochester area parking lot luckily no one was hurt. This is a clear […]

• Uncategorized

November 6, 2019

Written by Jasmine ‘Roar’ is Rochester’s new restaurant, bar and entertainment venue located on Culver Road. This new establishment is co-owned by David Chappius, who is also known by his Drag Queen stage name, “DeeDee Dubois.” The inspiration behind ‘Roar’ stemmed from the closing of the popular bar, Tilt, which left Rochester’s LGBT+ community without […]

Written by Jasmine It’s the first day of schoooooooooooooooooool! What an exciting day it is! At least it was for me, today was the first time I’ve been at an elementary school on the first day since… well, since 2004 when I was in elementary school LOL! ?? Today the Jam Squad made a stop […]

Amorette Miller, SUNY Brockport professor and the co-founder of ShiftDiff, sports her wdkx.com t-shirt. To get a free t-shirt just ask the Jam Squad for one next time you see them out in Rochester. All you have to do is save wdkx.com to your home screen, no app required.

Written by DJ Sight I’m trying a new challenge. I have no idea what it’s called, all I know is I can’t eat any junk food for 90 days. You start to realize how easy it is to have access to junk food when you’re not trying to eat it. You also learn how expensive […]

• Uncategorized

September 3, 2019

Over the weekend, we lost a member of the WDKX family. 

[There are no radio stations in the database]