Love Like Sky is the debut novel by Rochester-based author Leslie C. Youngblood and published by Disney Books Worldwide. The story follows eleven-year-old Georgie Matthews and her baby sister, Peaches, as they adjust to living with their mom and a new stepdad and stepsister, as well as adapting to their father remarrying.
A testament to the strength of family and the unbreakable sibling bond, the novel is appropriate for young readers 8-12 years of age and adults of all ages. The sequel to Love Like Sky, Forever This Summer, is set for publication August 2020.
Order your copy of Love Like Sky today:
– Scholastic Book Club Selection 2020-2025
– City Magazine’s Best Locally Written book of 2019
– Winter 2018 Kids’ Indie Next List
– SIBA 2018 Fall Okra Pick
– Kirkus Reviews: Best Middle-Grade Family Stories of 2018
– Bookish: Brilliant Book Covers: The Best Covers of November 2018
– selection Atlanta Parent: Best Books of 2018
– selection Penn GSE Newsroom: The Best Books of 2018 for Young Readers
– selection Barnes & Noble Kids: Our Favorite Contemporary Middle Grade of 2018
– selection BookRiot: Black Kids on Book Covers: Middle-Grade Edition, selection (2019)
Connect w/ Leslie C. Youngblood: