With temperatures in the mid to upper 80’s for the rest of the week, Cool Sweep locations are now open.
The City of Rochester provides a few places to cool down.
Due to Covid19, all centers have a capacity of 50 or less.
- Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
- Tyshaun Cauldwell Center for Hope, 524 Campbell St.
- Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
- Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
- David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
- Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
- Roxie Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park Spray Feature (playground area), 353 Court St.
- Genesee Valley Park Pool, 131 Elmwood Ave., noon to 7 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
- Adams Street R-Center, 85 Adams St., noon to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (Opens July 6)
- Trenton and Pamela Jackson R-Center, 485 N. Clinton Ave., noon to 6:30 p.m.. Monday through Friday (Opens July 6)
When temperatures hit 90 degrees and above, the David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St., opens as an Emergency Cooling Center from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.