The Annual HBCU College Fair at the Riverside Convention Center. Continue reading City Of Rochester’s Annual HBCU College Fair 2017
From the desk’s of Mayor Lovely A. Warren and Superintendent Barbara Deane-Williams. Continue reading City & School District Offer Kids Food at R-Centers to Give Kids a Safe and Warm Place to Go
Cool Sweep takes place today at the following locations and times:
Hydrant Locations (noon to 4 p.m.):
• #41 School parking lot, 279 W. Ridge Rd.
• Baden Park gateway, Vienna Street
Spray Parks (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
• Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
• Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
• Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
• David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
• Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
• Roxie Ann Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
Spray Features – not a full spray park (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
• Fourth and Peck Playground, Corner of Fourth Street and Peck Street
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park (playground area), 353 Court St.
• Troup Street Park, Troup and Van Auker Streets (between Reynolds and Ford Streets)
Heat Emergency Cooling Locations:
• Carter Street R-Center gym (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 500 Carter St.
• Arnett Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 310 Arnett Blvd.
• Lincoln Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, noon to 6 p.m.), 851 Joseph Ave.
• Maplewood Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 1111 Dewey Ave.
• Winton Road Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 611 N. Winton Rd.
For Cool Sweep and Cool Sweep Heat Emergency questions, call the Genesee Valley Park Pool at (585) 428-7888.
For pool hours and swimming click CityOfRochester.gov
Mayor Lovely Warren is asking the Rochester community to consider giving blood in memory of her grandfather Cecil McClary
Saturday, September 19 from
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at
Keeler Park Apartments on Seneca Manor Drive—across from Wal-Mart on Hudson Avenue.
Make your appointment today.
Visit http://www.redcrossblood.org/ or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
It’s the blood on the shelves that helps save lives when an emergency strikes
The deadline to apply for the Civil Service exam for police officer is Sept. 25, and the exam will be held on Nov. 14. Information is posted at www.cityofrochester.gov/joinRPD.
The deadline to apply for the Civil Service exam for firefighter is Oct. 2, and the exam will be held on Dec. 19. More information is posted at www.cityofrochester.gov/firefighterjob.