Mayor Lovely A. Warren announced that Cool Sweep operations will be in effect Monday, August 17 to provide residents with opportunities to get relief from the heat with cooling sprays from fire hydrants, extended hours at City pools, Durand Eastman Beach and spray parks.
Cool Sweep-presented by RG&E-is the City’s annual public safety and customer service program that is triggered when the forecast calls for temperatures to reach or exceed 85 degrees.
Cool Sweep operations take place at the following locations and times:
Hydrant Locations (noon to 4 p.m.):
* #41 School parking lot, 279 W. Ridge Rd.
* Baden Park gateway, Vienna Street
Spray Parks (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
* Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
* Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
* Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
* David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
* Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
Spray Features – not a full spray park (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
* Fourth and Peck Playground, corner of Fourth and Peck Streets
* Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park (playground area), 353 Court St.
* Troup Street Park, corner of Troup and Van Auker Streets (between Reynolds Street and Ford Street)
Swimming Opportunities and Hours of Operation:
* Adams Street R-Center Pool (noon to 9 p.m.), 85 Adams St.
* Durand Eastman Beach (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), Lake Shore Boulevard
* Genesee Valley Park Pool (noon to 9 p.m.), 131 Elmwood Ave.
For more information on Cool Sweep hours and locations, the public may visitwww.cityofrochester.gov/