103.9 FM WDKX
Your #1 Radio for R&B
What's Playing Now
What Played Earlier Today
103.9 WDKX Live
REQUEST A SONG!
Request A Song
The Champion Academy is a 12-month mentoring and empowerment initiative that will:
- Introduce City of Rochester males ages 13-18 to mentorship and tools to become more positive and productive citizens.
- Provide a user-friendly and inclusive platform for concerned citizens to engage, encourage and mentor males ages 13-18.
- Inspire individuals and organizations outside the City of Rochester to support and participate in addressing the critical challenges facing this community.
The Champion Academy initiative will kick off each year with an educational and inspiring 10-day mentoring program for up to 500 participants. This focused environment will introduce participants to positive mentorship, mental development fundamentals and basic tools to become better citizens.
Specifically, the summer academy will cover topics including:
- Conflict Resolution
- Mental Performance
- Civic Responsibility
- Social Etiquette
- Time Management
- College & Career Readiness
- Goal Achievement
Summer Fast Facts
- Enrollment is FREE and limited to the first 500 RCSD 7th - 12th graders.
- Participants can register online at www.helprochesterwin.org
- Program starts Monday, August 4th - Friday, August 15th.
- Program hours are weekdays, 1pm-8pm daily.
- 2014 summer program will be held at Charlotte High School, located at 4115 Lake Ave, Rochester, NY 14612.
- Participants will have access to a host of amenities including basketball courts, football fields, swimming pools, music, arts, crafts and other engaging activities.
- Participants are asked to wear athletic apparel each day (ie. t-shirt & shorts) and bring both indoor and outdoor field cleats to allow participants to engage in limited sports activities.
- Lunch and dinner will be provided daily.
- Bus transportation will be provided to and from the Champion Academy daily. Busses will pick up participants at 12:30PM at the following locations:
- All City High School (180 Ridgeway Ave.)
- Franklin High School (950 Norton St.)
- Fredrick Douglas Middle School (940 Fernwood Park)
- Wilson High School (501 Genesee St.)
Donations can be made at http://www.gofundme.com/HelpRochesterBoys
For additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 585.571.7057